Make a complaint

If you feel you have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, victimised or vilified, you or someone on your behalf can make a complaint to the Commission. We will help resolve your complaint through our free, fair and timely dispute resolution service.

The Commission will try to help you resolve your complaint, but we do not advocate for you or for the person or organisation you are complaining about. We may contact the person or organisation the complaint is made against and try to resolve the issue. In some cases we may decide that we cannot deal with your complaint. If this happens we will contact you and explain why.

The Commission does not handle complaints related to the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities. Complaints about breaches of the Charter can be made to the Victorian Ombudsman in relation to most public authorities and to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission in relation to police misconduct.

A complaint can be made in any language and the Commission can arrange a free interpreter in your language or a sign language interpreter, if required. We can also help you draft your complaint if you need assistance.

Lodge an online complaint

Lodge a complaint with us
Chat live with us now
Subscribe to our eBulletin