About Phase 2
Four additional sports and their respective state sporting associations were involved in Fair go, sport! Phase 2. Here, they undertookthe following broad strategies:
- Maintain momentum and respond to community interest
- provide information and collateral to Victorian state sporting associations (SSAs), sporting clubs and others with an interest or commitment to promoting diversity
- share learning and promote the project
- Build sustainability within hockey to generate lasting cultural change
- support the practice of Hockey Victoria and the initial project advocates
- develop a peer mentoring approach that enables initial project advocates to mentor project advocates in another four to six pilot clubs
- link all project advocates to capacity building resources and support
- trial and refine the flexible model of engagement developed through Phase 1
- Extend reach into another sporting code
- support Cycling Victoria to adopt the flexible model and implement a sustainable project
- Strengthen partnerships with key stakeholders, SRV and VicHealth
- Evaluate and report
- evaluate effectiveness of Phase 2 and produce evaluation and project reports.
The project was funded by the Department of Community Development and Planning (Sport and Recreation Victoria), VicHealth and the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.
The Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University will evaluate the project.