To recognise the outstanding work and dedication of an individual, team, community or organisation, nominate them now.
Previous winners have included developers of an ‘Out and About’ app to help people with a disability, their family and carers plan a day out, by providing information about accessible venues and events.
Another past winner designed an accessible hot air balloon basket allowing wheelchair users to have a unique flight experience.
The annual Victorian Disability Sector Awards, held in partnership with the Department of Health & Human Services, are an opportunity to honour and celebrate these important contributions.
Nominations can be submitted in one of nine award categories:
1. Excellence in Improving Participation Award
2. Excellence in Advocacy and Rights Promotion Award
3. Excellence in Personal and Community Support Award
4. Excellence in Improving Learning and Development Outcomes Award
5. Excellence in Improving Health Award
6. Business and Community Supporting Disability Award
7. Volunteer Award
8. Emerging Leader Award
9. Lifetime Achievement Award
Nominations close 5.00pm on 30 March 2015.
To see previous award winners and to nominate visit www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disabilitysectorawards.