The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission is committed to promoting the rights of Aboriginal people in Victoria in partnership and collaboration with Aboriginal communities and organisations.
The Senior Policy and Research Officer, Aboriginal Rights will lead the Commission's policy and research work to address systemic human rights and discrimination issues impacting Aboriginal communities in Victoria including:
- scoping key equal opportunity and human rights issues related to Aboriginal Victorians
- gathering and critically analysing evidence
- providing high quality policy advice and recommendations
- contributing to detailed, sensitive and best practice research, resulting in quality, publishable reports and other materials
- working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the Commission's strategic priorities.
We acknowledge the ongoing leadership of Aboriginal people and communities across Victoria in striving to promote the rights of Aboriginal people. We support and advocate for the right to self-determination. For these reasons, the role of Senior Policy and Research Officer, Aboriginal Rights is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
We welcome candidates with a diversity of experiences and encourage those who are interested in the role to get in touch with Amy Rogers, Team Leader, Policy, on 0437 987 772 or email Amy.A.Rogers@veohrc.vic.gov.au with any questions.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered.